Would you like to fulfil your desire to study in Canada? GBC Scholarships support you whether you’re pursuing your degree part-time or full-time.
George Brown College’s Awards program provides financial support for international students to succeed in their academic endeavours. GBC awards are available for those students who display financial need and have a 2.5 GPA to study in Canada.
Since its founding in 1967, George Brown College has provided more than 160 full-time programmes in a range of academic fields. There are three campuses of this public, fully accredited college of applied arts and technology in Toronto.
At George Brown College, why? With its cutting-edge approach to education and links to real-world employers, GBC can assist you in realising your professional aspirations. Through field education, applied research, and other WIL experiences, students learn about real-world situations here.
- University or Organization: George Brown College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: full-time and part-time
- Award: Vary
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The award is available to full-time international students in any program. Offered by the GBC.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Full-Time: Students who are enrolled full-time take a minimum of 60 % of the prescribed courses for their program or 40% for students with a permanent disability.
- Part-Time: Students who are enrolled full-time take a minimum of 20-59 % of the prescribed courses for their program.
- Domestic Student – Ontario Resident: Students residing in the province of Ontario for more than 12 months and have valid Canadian citizenship or Permanent residency.
- International Student: Students residing in Canada for education do not have permanent residency status.
- Candidates must be international students.
- Students must display financial needs.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Students must overcome obstacles
For international students, George Brown College offers a variety of awards, scholarships, and bursaries. Students at GBC who are enrolled full-time or part-time are eligible for the awards and scholarships.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. To apply, the applicants must submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Online applications must be submitted with supporting documents.
- Provide secondary and/ or post-secondary studies proof, transcripts, and A minimum academic English prerequisite of compulsory Grade 12U, C or OAC English or equivalent.
- Admission Requirements: The academic requirements for each program vary, so make sure you know what is required before applying.
- Language Requirement: For an international student, English proficiency, including admission requirements by country of origin, visit the international page: English language proficiency.
Award application deadlines as the following:
For the 2022-2023 Academic Year –
- Winter 2023 – opens on December 12, 2022, until January 29, 2023 (11:59 pm)
- Spring 2023 – opens on April 17, 2023, until May 28, 2023 (11:59 pm)
For the 2023-2024 Academic Year –
- Fall 2023 – Application opens on August 22, 2023, and closes on October 15, 2023
- Winter 2023 – Application opens on December 12, 2023, and closes on February 15, 2024
- Spring 2023 – Application opens on April 18, 2024, and closes on June 15, 2024